1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nervous Nelly!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ingrid42, Jun 24, 2007.

1. ingrid42

ingrid42 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2007
    Well, the coop and chicken house are finally finished and tonight is the very first night my two babies are sleeping outside. I am so nervous! My two sweet hens are only 8 wks old (they have been living in my garage). One is Nugget and the other one is named Red. This weekend I plan on getting a few more chicks for my garage until they are old enough to go out. I know we have made a very safe house but I just love those two and will cry my head off if they get hurt![​IMG]

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    I bet they will be just fine and love their new found independence!![​IMG]

3. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Isnt it strange how much we worry about our chickens? I have a habit of wandering out and checking them when I get up during the night, I have done this ever since we had foxes come and steal our birds in the middle of the night. But I imagine you babies are safe, and are probably loving theyre new coop.

4. Barb Schuetz

Barb Schuetz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    I was just about to post the same thread! Tonight is the first night for ours as well. I'm so scared!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by