nervous new chick owner!(lol)

harri

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
Rhode Island
so this morning i noticed one of my girls had a lump on her right side neck. i kept an eye on her all day. she is 5 days old. i thought maybe an infection or disease.
suddenly it appeared larger, then i noticed several other chicks had the same " disease". well after doing a search on this awesome forum i realized it was there crop.
guess i still have a lot to learn!
'

'

lol Hang in there!! I think we have all been there and been worried about our "new babies". This forum has been sooooooooo helpful to us!

thumbsup.gif

Thank you for posting this lol We have been wanting chickens for years..we are finally able to do so and our babies will be here in about 3 weeks..I am barely sleeping..always looking up chicken info..and this is one more piece to the puzzle..I am nervous too!
D.gif

LOL yep, been there done that, just make sure you never get embarrassed to ask questions or tell ppl about your mistakes because it may help to prevent them from doing the same thing!!
thumbsup.gif

Isn't it funny, hens have been raising chicks for years and years with little problems and we start doing it artificially and WE become the mother hens worrying about everything.

Back
Top Bottom