Nest box pictures?

Quote:
Seriously????
hide.gif

Yep. Its number 6 in the rules under "Dont's"

"6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam."

Chickens016.jpg

NewImage.jpg

Got the idea from another BYC'er who used those orange buckets from Home Depot. Mine was free, I think it came from the Wal-Mart bakery.
Yesterday there were two Leghorns in it at the same time! Wish I had a camera for that!

Mine's not pretty but it works. I have two larger boxes on top for my more, shall we say...portly girls, and three smaller ones on the bottom. Guess what? They all throw the shavings out of three of the boxes and lay in the two bottom outer boxes. Go figure. They sure look cute in there with their little heads peeking thru the cut-outs.

34566_mac-9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my hens were always piled in to one so in the new coop there is only one large nest box. here are the just finished construction pictures.....

35593_nestbox_closeup.jpg

35593_bw_roost_nestbox.jpg

this is an L shape in design as there will be about 12-30 hens in this building 18' x 20' in the winter. the traditional divided nestboxes I ended up with at least 1 egg broken daily sometimes as many as 5 eggs broken.

Last edited:
Here's a few quick shots of mine. The ladies are too young to use them just yet.

50691_img_9764.jpg

50691_img_9759.jpg

The egg boxes have shingles on the roof now.. i really should take a new picture.

Back
Top Bottom