NestBoxes!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by desertgirl, Jan 26, 2010.

1. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    All of my girls are finally laying in the nest boxes! I'm so happy!!!![​IMG]

2. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    Congrats!!! Not to wet your party, but remember, these are females. Like the rest of us gals, they sometimes have spats. So don't panic when an egg occasionally finds itself elsewhere. LOL. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    But where's the ROOSTER? [​IMG]

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

5. bigoakhunter

bigoakhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Was there a trick??? My first couple eggs have been on coop floor in the deep litter. They show no interest in the nestboxes so far.

6. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    One of mine just layed her very first tiny egg. A bantam cochin. One of my old coops has a hen house, a little (1 foot long) tunnel/ramp that goes into a fully enclosed wire pen. Well I close them in the hen house every night and reopen every morning. I JUST moved them into this coop yesterday. They are all about 5 months old. When I went out this morning, there was a tiny egg setting right by the door [​IMG] Guess its time for me to put a nest box in there. I know one of my roosters was all over his hen the last few weeks so for the heck of it, I put it in the bator with my White Rocks. In a few days, I'll be able to tell if its fertile or not! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by