Nesting box pads???

I sprinkle DE in bottom, pine shavings then top with straw. I find my birds don't have mites, pine shaving adds a cushion and the straw keeps pine shavings at the bottom.

Quote:
Just one t-shirt, or several? per box

Right now we're using one XL t-shirt per box. I've thought about adding another because the girls sometimes move the shirt to the side when they make themselves comfortable to lay. But I do like the idea from Arielle to wrap the shirt over a piece of cardboard that is fitted to the bottom of the nesting box.

I bet it would very easy to slip a board into the T shirt and leave the extra material on top for the girls to push around.

I couldn't find any Tshirts yet so I gave in and placed fersh shavings in the boxes--the girls seemed to not want to used them if they were empty. Maybe if I change one box at a time so they have a choice while they get used to the new bedding.

Short on eggs yesterday--wonder if the girls didn't like the empty boxes: no eggs in any of the empty boxes.
idunno.gif

Outdoor or "marine" carpet can be washed/hosed down

Ive considered the green outdoor carpet so I can hose it off if it gets messy.

These are easy to clean??? Seriously?? I've never used these carpets as I "think" they would collect soil. Good to know.​

Back
Top Bottom