Nesting boxes more the merrier?

ccarver80

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
Squaw gap ND
everything I've read and seen on the Internet in books says around 3-4 chickens per box... everybody I work with says one per box which i think is redundantright now I'm going to have about 25 chickens and I have about 7- 5 gallon bucket setup for nest should I add more?

everything I've read and seen on the Internet in books says around 3-4 chickens per box... everybody I work with says one per box which i think is redundantright now I'm going to have about 25 chickens and I have about 7- 5 gallon bucket setup for nest should I add more?

Do the folks you work with keep chickens? I only ask as a lot of folks who have no chicken experience envision each hen having/needing her own box when, in fact, that is not the case. One nest box per 4 birds is plenty sufficient - so your 7/25 is just fine.

Do the folks you work with keep chickens?  I only ask as a lot of folks who have no chicken experience envision each hen having/needing her own box when, in fact, that is not the case.  One nest box per 4 birds is plenty sufficient - so your 7/25 is just fine. 

^ exactly! that's what I was thinking! but they are big ranchers and know everything about anything ... its like really? cuz everything I've read is completely opposite of what you guys are trying to tell me lol....

Back
Top Bottom