nesting pigeons question pics: Update

austinhart123

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Los Angeles CA
this is the female setting
091.jpg

i will get a beter pic later when dad is setting, but whenever i peek in the box it dosnt look like their sitting on the egg rateher their tail is over it, but when i feel the egg, its warm. they are really protective and when mom sits (4:30pm-11:00am) dad stands ontop of the box shooing away the pheasants my question is is that how they sit on the egg? they are going on day 5, yesterday i found a dry, cushed egg in the corner so they only have one egg they were never sitting on two eggs

Last edited:
My word of advice, get the eggs outta there while you can!
gig.gif

I thought it would be fun to have baby pigeons, and my pair have hatched 5 so far and are sharing their last clutch of the season! Ugh, too many pigeons!

Actual word of advice, just make sure the parents have plenty of feed and water. They should do the rest!

My word of advice, get the eggs outta there while you can!
gig.gif

I thought it would be fun to have baby pigeons, and my pair have hatched 5 so far and are sharing their last clutch of the season! Ugh, too many pigeons!

Actual word of advice, just make sure the parents have plenty of feed and water. They should do the rest!
Use wooden eggs that stops the matting with both female's and males unless thers a female lookin for a good time. HA! HA! sorry bout that just replace the fertile eggs with the wooden one's I know people think it's cruel but it already sounds a little out of control.
Good luck
Crzytrkr

here are pics of dad setting
140.jpg

139.jpg

i hope the egg is fertile, this is my first time with pigeons so if ne one has tips, let me know
Have u witness the cock and hen coupling that's when the cock and hen preen each other feed each other I should mention if either bonded with the same sex they would also do that but if you see one mount the back of the other then they are coupling and in 8 to10 days they lau eegs then in18 days they should hatch and then yull know!!!
Good luck!!
Crzytrkr..

Back
Top Bottom