nests with collection bay??

4wdingman

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 31, 2009
Was wondering if anyone could help me build something.
I was wondering if i could make a hole in the bottom of the nesting box and then connect a pipe or something to a dish. So when the chook lays the egg it will role all the way down to the little dish??

could anyone help me??

thanks

Not exactly, but if you make a normal roll-away nest box, normally it rolls into a collection tray underneath. If you put a slight angle on the wood in the collection tray, you could make them all roll to one end, and collect them from there.

The thing I worry about with roll-away boxes is if they lay a weak/soft shell egg its going to make a big mess.

You mean something likes this?
10233_chicken_laying_hen.gif

Hi A nice lady gave me a site to go to on building a nest box with roll away . Here is the site www.farmresults.com ,and click on farm know how , and at the bottom it has it . I built one and it works good . i bought some green out door carpet at lowes and used it for bedding ,They love it and all I have to do is take it out and clean it when it gets dirty .It saves on me having to buy hay or shavings . I hope this helps you . Good luck and happy chickey .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom