Netting for quail pens

Thanks for the heads up but I'm looking for netting for large pens hardware cloth would cost to much for the size of the pen but thanks

Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am glad you joined us, and I hope you enjoy it here! I have not ever raised quail, and I do not know anything about them, so I will leave that to the quail experts!

Hey there, I've used this literal bird netting in a smaller form for less price - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.bird-x-100-feet-x-14-feet-standard-bird-netting.1000794437.html

It's netting used to protect trees and their fruit from birds, but it will not be predator proof, I use it for the top of my DIY plywood rectangle brooder which is indoors. I drilled screws not all the way in on the top edges of the plywood walls, 3 on each end and the netting catches very well on so I can just pull it a bit over the screws to lift it to access under it or take the net roof completely off for a clean :)

I'm about to zip tie it to the top of my domed wire rabbit cage to prevent hard head bumping for when they get too frisky lol.

I had a ton leftover which I used for other purposes like partitions for quail meet and greets and overlaying a huge parrot cage that had too wide of bars for the bird species I was rehabilitating.

Here's another example - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.better-barriers-bird-d-fence---7-ftx-21-ft.1000420490.html a lot cheaper :) but I think they have the same kind I used in the first link for like 15 bucks for a great amount.

However... Again, it won't be predator proof and you can wait for TSC or etc. to have hardware cloth on sale and trust me... It will last and you'll be able to protect your investment from rodents to predators :D

I *think* I got a roll of 4 foot by 100 feet of 1/4" hardware cloth (small enough to keep any mice and snakes out) on sale at TSC for $74.99 CAD so about $50 or so USD?

It built a 6x6 and 8 feet tall aviary as well as a chicken coop that's 7 feet tall and 12 feet long being 6 feet wide which is all hardware cloth except for the coop which is 6x6 with a few foot hardware cloth run underneath and I still have some leftover that we use around the house and give to neighbors if they have a vermin hole or etc. to cover :)

Here's some pictures I just took of stuff we did with the hardware cloth, I didn't mention the converted rabbit hutch got all hardware cloth doors as well which makes me think maybe my roommate got some as well when we did the chicken coop last year, I honestly can't remember now (she's the main owner of the chickens and sorry for the chicken poop she's cleaning the coop right now hehe) but yeah thought the pics might help what I described :)

Back
Top Bottom