Nevadans?

Eatin'Dirt :

I go to the one on Tropical. & They only have been out one time in 2 yrs. You process them yourself?

Thanks, now I have at least another location if I'm desperate. lol! Well, I personally haven't yet done the deed but I'm afraid my dad and brother won't let me get away with that much longer.
roll.png
I think I can do it. I once took a young cockerel to Holly31 to try and make him a capon. She had me help and actually try to get out the goods. It's kinda like changing a messy diaper. Nasty and yucky but it's gotta be done.
lol.png

Peep_Show...you make me laugh! Stir Fry! Maybe we should make a list of good names for utility birds, those who eventually will become dinner. Nugget, Cacciatore, Dinner, Stew, Noodle, Parmesan, Stockpot ...

vegasBC...I use lots of shade and ventilation, ice in the water, frozen treats like melon and grapes. I set up a mister last year but I think it may have been more of a problem than a help. I like to put up sheets for shade that I can soak down and allow air to flow through to cool. I also try not to get birds that are heavier feathered or have feathered legs. I also prefer birds that aren't black. I have some of all of these. I always feel so bad for them. Mostly, you should get used to panting chickens and the idea that some will not make it. I'm seriously considering sending my flock to Utah for the summer. Hmmm. Dad has a trailer made from a truck bed and an old beat up camper. I can just see it now....the snowbird's chicken tractor.
ep.gif
th.gif

Hey, anyone heard from Sunny? She's not usually so quiet. It's making me nervous. Hope all is well.​

Quote:
Thanks, now I have at least another location if I'm desperate. lol! Well, I personally haven't yet done the deed but I'm afraid my dad and brother won't let me get away with that much longer.
roll.png
I think I can do it. I once took a young cockerel to Holly31 to try and make him a capon. She had me help and actually try to get out the goods. It's kinda like changing a messy diaper. Nasty and yucky but it's gotta be done.
lol.png

Peep_Show...you make me laugh! Stir Fry! Maybe we should make a list of good names for utility birds, those who eventually will become dinner. Nugget, Cacciatore, Dinner, Stew, Noodle, Parmesan, Stockpot ...

vegasBC...I use lots of shade and ventilation, ice in the water, frozen treats like melon and grapes. I set up a mister last year but I think it may have been more of a problem than a help. I like to put up sheets for shade that I can soak down and allow air to flow through to cool. I also try not to get birds that are heavier feathered or have feathered legs. I also prefer birds that aren't black. I have some of all of these. I always feel so bad for them. Mostly, you should get used to panting chickens and the idea that some will not make it. I'm seriously considering sending my flock to Utah for the summer. Hmmm. Dad has a trailer made from a truck bed and an old beat up camper. I can just see it now....the snowbird's chicken tractor.
ep.gif
th.gif

Hey, anyone heard from Sunny? She's not usually so quiet. It's making me nervous. Hope all is well.

Sunnys on VACATION!

Quote:
Sunnys on VACATION!

WHEW!!!

She said they were going to Ecuador. Sounds very interesting! I can't wait to hear all about it.
pop.gif

Ok I guess it's time to upload those photos!

Hi everybody!!!
frow.gif

We had a great time in Ecuador! It was a fantastic trip! We spent most of our time in the southern half of the country (Ecuador is about the same size as Nevada) and the people are so sweet! When you first meet someone they are cordial and by the time you've known them an hour they are inviting you to stay for the weekend! Such friendly folks. They remind me of Nevadans in that they are very hospitable and sweet.

Wow welcome to all the new folks!
ya.gif
I will go put all your names up on the opening thread right now. After that I'll get the pics off the camera. Great photos everyone! You all had me smiling or laughing through the last hour (almost) that it took me to get caught up.
lol.png

Gaited Horse, Timmy and Evonne it's great to hear from you! I thought you had been abducted or something!
caf.gif
So good to hear from you! Now I'll have to take Gaited Horse's nickname off the front page. It says MIA right now.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you!
smile.png

OK I think I got them all added to the Opening Post. Still looking for nicknames to keep adding to that front page. Suggest one for yourself or for someone else here.

Well off to find the camera.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom