Nevadans?

Quote:
Ha ha, I get asked that a lot. The line doesn't always go on so well and I'm afraid that the liner coats the lashes too thick for my taste but I'm still addicted to my makeup and will probably still be wearing it like this when I'm 80. I've been wearing liquid liner for 40 years and it never starts out straight but I keep adding on til I'm happy (well actually, the biggest issue for me is getting both eyes the same). Sometimes it gets really really over done but I don't ever start over unless I'm going to a job interview or something like that.

But trust me 2 hours later it didn't look like this anymore.
roll.png

Last edited:
Well you just made my day Sunny, (er night hehe) I am glad I am not the only one with that problem. I am a perfectionist with pretty much everything I do and I LOVE liquid eyeliner because it does look so perfect when it goes on like it is supposed to but I have a tremor and I shake like a dog pooping peach seeds all of the time. What usually happens is that I do like you I just keep adding until I get it straight but the problem with that for me is that the line just gets thicker and thicker until half my eyelid is covered in liner. *LOL*

I subscribe to this YouTube show that is done by these two British makeup artists who show you all of the techniques they use for models and actresses and I found out about this gel eyeliner made by Maybelline New York Eyestudio and it is awesome. It goes on a lot easier than the regular liquid liner and the best part is it does not flake off or drip into your eyelashes.

Ok I guess I got completely off of chicken talk there hehe, as for which picture I really like both of them but if I had to choose I would probably do the first one. It is the most shocking and fun I think. You did a great job taking those pictures!

Quote:
hahaha-024.gif
No, I know, the tremors aren't in the least bit funny but that mental picture of the dog was too too funny!!!

Ok now I've got to try that new liner. Maybe you could try the trick that Norman Rockwell used. He had tremors so he put a dowell across the canvas and rested his hand on that. Course I'm thinking you could just rest your hand on your cheek or the bridge of your nose instead. I do kinda think of my face like a canvas I am playing around with.
tongue.png

I completely agree with you, putting on makeup is no different than drawing or painting same concept with shadows, midtones, highlights, etc. I am sure your photography has helped you quite a bit with determining the best way to accentuate your makeup on your face.

Quote:
Ha ha, I get asked that a lot. The line doesn't always go on so well and I'm afraid that the liner coats the lashes too thick for my taste but I'm still addicted to my makeup and will probably still be wearing it like this when I'm 80. I've been wearing liquid liner for 40 years and it never starts out straight but I keep adding on til I'm happy (well actually, the biggest issue for me is getting both eyes the same). Sometimes it gets really really over done but I don't ever start over unless I'm going to a job interview or something like that.

roll.png

I'm so glad I'm a guy and don't have to worry about this whole make-up thing.

Quote:

roll.png

lol.png
Women don't have to wear it either if they don't want to. I admire those that don't stress about it but I also get a kick out of it myself so I'll keep messin' around with it. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and I know a few men that stress about it as well (I mean folks outside of the media).
big_smile.png

Quote:

lol.png
Women don't have to wear it either if they don't want to. I admire those that don't stress about it but I also get a kick out of it myself so I'll keep messin' around with it. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and I know a few men that stress about it as well (I mean folks outside of the media).
big_smile.png

I'm one of those women who doesn't wear it. I was blessed with a rather good complexion - to the point that on occasion I have been asked to remove my makeup when I'm not wearing any and I've even been asked how I achieve such a "subtle" look.
wink.png

It's just not my style. Given my druthers, I'd cut my hair off about 2" long so I could just wash and wear it.

Quote:

lol.png
big_smile.png

Yeah let's just say I'll never be that kind of person. I like the hassle free look.

Back
Top Bottom