NEVER feeling sorry for that cat again!

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas
Darnit, we have a cat that was dumped on us two years ago,that we started feeding in the barn. Then last summer he got his paw crushed, and no one would come shoot him for us, nor would anyone put him down for a reasonable fee. We made sure he got food everyday and he was recovering.

He eventually moved up to the porch and has made friends with the dog, sleeps with him on cold nights, etc. Well we had to put the dog inside recently for his own protection and the cat got left out in the cold, quite literally. We take sympathy on him now and again and let him in for short periods to "warm up" then back out he goes.

Well last night was it. He peed. And our house is pretty cluttered, and its choatic. So we couldnt figure out WHERE he peed. Oh reason he never came in for long, is we are severely allergic, so 10 minutes usually was tops. Well I have done about 5 loads of wash, near where he normally sleeps, tryin to figure out where the smell was coming from.

Let the little tiny peacock out of his box, and he happened to go back into a corner where we have some stuff piled. So I sat down to try to coax him to eat a treat and WHoaaaa! Smell SO bad I it was nauseating. Stupid cat peed on a bag of DE that I have to throw out, a whole box of vitamins that havent been opened but smell so bad I tossed them, cant stand the thought. I scrap of linoleum, a big piece of screen, our expensive swiffer steam cleaning mophead that I will try to save, and some clean rags that were in the corner (not so clean anymore) So I tossed all of it either outside or in the garbage and took that out and it STILL smells. He is male and definitely scent marked as well, its overpowering.

No more sympathy for that animal, oh its awful. And too darned cold (windchill of 15) to open the windows. I am dying here...

But thank you tiny peacock for letting me find where the stench is coming from. Even my dog jumped on his bed last night, sniffed and got back off!
lol.png
Its THAT bad!

If he is not neutered, you could do that. But I dont blame you. I have a cat that did that . No more getting to come inside.

Rammy

Er, did you set up a litterbox for him? Even for 'short periods', when nature calls, if there is no place to go, then he will choose the next best place. Which is why he likely chose the DE, best location for him. Hell, most ferals and strays I've found automatically know how to use a litterbox when showed, never have had an accident.

I swear I STILL smell it. And I dont want to set up a litterbox since that would defeat the purpose anyhows. We totally redid this house cuz the folks who had lived her previously had animals run amok in here, and they got locked in here when they left as well, so it was very bad. I have a few chickens running amok in here but they do get cleaned up after.
tongue.png

Anyhow on top of things, let the dog in from the garage and I forgot his walk this afternoon so he pooed. His first accident. Oh boy. I have cleaned up my quota of waste today. Blecht. Great Pyr poo. At least he didnt pee, I let him outside a little early. We really need to get this yard fenced for him, poor dear. He just loves loves the snow. He rolls and rolls when I let him out and fetching him back in is a nightmare, he rolls over on his belly and basically says no, not doin it. He had just learned to protect the birds, and then gets yanked inside.
sad.png

Yea, gotta go get the vinegar...oh and I KNOW why cat went potty in here, he would have to have walked in a foot of snow outside to go potty and I guess he thought it much more convenient to be warm and dry on the lil feets to go in here. Grrr

YOu need to get a GOOD enzyme cleaner... Natures Miracle(red and white bottle) for cat marking works great!

Daaaaaaaaaaam whats that smell?
gig.gif
sickbyc.gif

Sorry that beast(cat) did that to your house, maybe that will give you a lesson that cats -which i hate, or i dont love..- is the dirtiest RAT the most filthy disgusting disease spreading useless animal.

Some say "it repels or eats mice and rats", yes but the cat is bigger and dirtier and will poo on your garden too. Can attack you too.

But hey there are good things about cats too. If she is hungry, it will all be about cuteness and rubbing on your legs, as soon as you feed her thats it. If she wants to sleep she will choose sleeping on yourself because you radiate some heat and the cat takes advantage of it. She can make PPPPRrrrrrrrrrrrr too when she feels complete, that means she does a good job handling people like slaves to serve her.

Dogs are the real deal, i still dont have one right now, but there is a soul in that creature, unlike cats that are robotic advantage takers that all have the same personality if they trust you.

I take it your not a cat person, huh?

Too bad. My cats cuddle with me. They use the litter box. Havent had a mouse or bird problem in the barn since Ive had barn cats. The are not useless.

Rammy

Quote:
I've used Trail for YEARS until I could not find any store and supplier that carries them anymore. So PetSmart has these Nature's Miracle for cats....wonderful! It also takes care of the vomit, pee or poop of any humans and animals, smells nothing afterwards!

Back
Top Bottom