Never Posted Anything about me so here you go! :)

Thanks! They smell good.

split depth GIF
I thought you got COVID and can’t smell

I am from Houston Texas and love it with my whole heart, but I moved right at the end of 2019 and now I live on Bainbridge Island WA. I currently own 12 chickens but I'm sure that number will increase! I'm a chicken addict and spend all my free time out with my girls (and boy) or on BYC! At the moment no eggs yet, but I'm sure I won't have to wait too many more weeks.... Three of my girls are getting pretty close to Point Of Lay. I love learning about chickens, and always want to know more! All of my chickens have names and even though you don't care I am going to share them anyways: Feathers (rooster), Peeps, Nugget, Posh, Baby, Scary, Sporty, Ms. Frizzle, Moonpie/Moonlight, Lilac, Lavender, and Amethyst. We also had 5 others but they ended up being roosters and we don't have space for more than one. 😢 I'll share their names anyways because I miss them: Peaches, Daisy, Zelda, Blue, and Fluffy. The first 4 were Ameruacana's.

Well. I suppose while we’re here I’ll update lol. I have since lost 3 members of the flock: Posh, Amethyst, and Lilac. Had to put Posh down due to a leg injury and rehomed Amethyst and Lilac because they were cockerels.

All my girls have started laying except one stubborn year old Cochin. And they took longer than expected to lay. They were between 9-12 months when they began.

Current Flock number is nine, but have 8 more chicks coming August 4th.

• 3 White Ameraucanas
  • 3 Lavender Ameraucanas
  • 1 Barred Bantam Cochin
  • and 1 Crele OEGB.
They are from Cackle hatchery, I have never ordered from a hatchery, but have been through 18 chickens looking for colored eggs from various breeders with no luck. So decided It was time to get at least one almost guaranteed female blue layer.

Ameruacana's
I have also learned how to spell Ameraucana correctly.

Back
Top Bottom