Never say done ***PICTURES!!!***

You done the right thing. Im sure they would have been run over by the time he got the hay raked and baled. Even if you didnt get them they would have perished to preditators in an open field. After you get them all raised they could revert back to the wild.
old.gif
But, you saved all of them and should be proud of doing so. Good luck in raising them.
wee.gif

Quote:
that link is unintentionally hilarious! LOL, turkeys aren't migratory!
big_smile.png

this is a good point, though. most states do have laws against possessing game animals, so everyone should be very careful what they're putting in their incubator and who knows about it. unfortunately, a well-meaning person could get run up for poaching.

Quote:
that link is unintentionally hilarious! LOL, turkeys aren't migratory!
big_smile.png

this is a good point, though. most states do have laws against possessing game animals, so everyone should be very careful what they're putting in their incubator and who knows about it. unfortunately, a well-meaning person could get run up for poaching.

Wow this reminded me of a thing that happened to my friend about 10 years ago. I'll tell it! My friend and his 2 sons were deer hunting, and the sons were were using a camper. One of the sons had a run in with his neighbor about 2 weeks before this. So the first day they all hunted and father goes home for the nite, he dont hunt the next day. So his daughter tells him that she will fix one of the turkeys that was in the freezer (they killed it legal and had stamp in the spring) and he can take it to the camp for the others to eat when they com in. So she fixes the turkey and father takes it to camp and the boys finally come in and are feasting on the turkey. Then all of a sudden the Fish & Game men knocks on the camper door, ask them to step outside. They have all the proper paperwork and license to be legal and were. Everything was legal. But one steps inside the camper and sees the turkey (mostly bones by then) starts asking questions, they tell him everything and did not lie. They then take all their guns, impound the camper, and write tickets even take the bones an have them sent off for a complete evaluation. Well to make a long story short they get a lawyer (at a cost) and come clean and get everything back. So later they find out that that little run in with a neighbor cost them. Yes they found out later that he had turned them for poaching, which was a lie he made up. So you never know what can happen.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom