Salt and pepper
1 chopped onion
1 tbsp. fat
1 c. bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 hard boiled egg
1 tsp. salt-water
Bacon

Rub the cleaned opossum, salt and pepper. Brown the onion in fat, add opossum liver and cook until tender. To this add the bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg and salt-water. Mix these ingredients thoroughly and stuff the opossum with it. Then turn the opossum like a fowl and put it in the roasting pan. Put bacon across the back. Pour 1 quart water into the pan before placing the opossum in a moderate oven. Roast, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes until the opossum is tender (about 2 1/2 hours).

lol.png
lau.gif
gig.gif
Chinchilla!
lau.gif

I found a baby possum in one of our nest boxes once and I wouldn't let hubby kill it....baby and all....so he fashioned a noose with rope through some pvc pipe and got it around the neck and took it out to the edge of our woods.

Mind you, I don't have problems with possums killing my chickens, it's the coons we occasionally battle.

if you want to avoid catching a cat, but out sweet things like marshmallows, peanut butter on bread. There's another thread with suggestions on here somewhere. You COULD put out a whole, uncracked egg.....but I wouldn't give any possum one!

Quote:
This is GREAT! Green, recycles, works, no money.... what more could one ask? Just haul off the trash and reassign the garbage can for a few days....

Love BYC ingenuity!

Back
Top Bottom