Never thought I would love this socalled ugly bird

Hello again mellcrowl, they are absolutely beautiful birds. I understand what you mean about your female. My babies are a little shy around me unless I have food, then they about bore holes in my hand to get the food. My babies I believe are pearl but may be lavender. Time will tell I guess. Plus I really don't know the colors too well yet. Both parents were lavender. I am trying really hard to incorporate my guineas with my chickens but so far they kinda ignore each other. They are almost the same size, the chi kens are banty, but the babies still don't realize their size yet. Here is a picture of the parents, who I don't own, but they sort of adopted us last summer as a breeding grounds.​

I moved mine in with mama hen and her three little ones when they were 6 weeks old. They are a week younger than their americana sister so they were much smaller than the chicken chicks up to that point. Plus mom wouldnt take them when they were little for whatever reason. Sadly a fox got both of the pullets siblings. I'm not sure if she thinks she's a guinea or if the guineas assume they are chickens, but those three seem fairly inseparable.

Back
Top Bottom