Never thought I would own ducks- but here we are!

Susanstranglehands

In the Brooder
May 25, 2022
Hi hi! My name is Susan, I'm 35 and live in Tampa Bay Florida with my boyfriend and son. We have 4 indoor cats and are fostering one large silly dog for a friend.
I lived on a farm for a few years when I was a teenager and have some experience with fowl- mostly chickens though. My best friend and her family own ducks as well, so I have some experience being around them.
A month and a half ago we found a fancy duck in our yard. We looked and called everywhere to find his owners but no luck. After 4 weeks we decided to keep him- my best friend owns ducks so I had some solid help. We were in the process of building him an enclosure and a house (he was in a temporary one) and had even ordered him 2 lady ducklings (arriving in June), but he was attacked by a predator last night( I made a post on this as well). We're going to spend the time before they arrive really fortifying the new enclosure and house.
I've been a reader of the forum for a while now since I helped my friend do a lot of research before she got her ducks, but thought it was a good time to join.
We have 2 female runner ducklings on the way and plan on getting two more shortly after if all goes well.
Never thought I would be a duck owner but 2022 is wild.

Back
Top Bottom