~~New~~ =3

hnbubz

Songster
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
hey! i am new here and in a few months i will be getting 3 dozen chickens. i am only keeping one because they are for a science fair exsperiment were i will be taking 10 of the 36 and injecting them with vitamin a. then take another 10 and injecting those with vitamin c. then leaving the rest as a control. i want to see if vitamins effect the growth rate in chicken embryo's. the one that i am keeping is going to live in the house, cant wait =3 its gonna be one spoiled chicken!
big_smile.png
i am a honors biology student, and a freshmen in high school and i am trully pleased i found this forum.
smile.png

Welcome to the forum..you will enjoy everyone here. How do you inject the egg with out damaging the the shell. This is very interesting to me. Let us all now how everything goes. I am truly pleased that you found this forum, also. Good luck with your experiment!!
welcome-byc.gif

thanks!!
smile.png
well what i do is i take a very thin needle and i inject the embryo,my sister did something like this a few years back except she was testing led poisoning, and i wanted to do something a little more beneficial to chickens growing stronger in a sense. she got best iiin category at regional and state and won a lab top, and my brother has gotten best in category at regional and state, big shoes to fill considerin im the youngest XD i have been in sci fair since 7th grade, i always go to state and i get gold at state, but now that im in high school i can do bigger experiments, i cant wait to start
smile.png

That is so great!! I wish my kids would take an interest like you have. I hope you teach your teacher a thing or two!
smile.png
Let us know how your experiment turns out. I loved science and biology in school. My boys..they have graduated one is in concrete and the other is into construction. I have 2 more in school. Ben has no interest in anything but, hunting. and Lyndsey wants to work with Shamoo when she grows up!!
big_smile.png
Are you planning on going to College? I sure hope so. That would be great.
ya.gif
DJ Keep me up dated!!

thank you!! and chickenbulk, thanks for your responce, i plan on going to U of I an d i am going to major in biology, i want to be an avian vet or a biology teacher.
smile.png
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
I am sure that you will succeed at what ever you choose to do. You seem to have a really great goal for yourself. I wanted to be a vet at your age. I wanted to work with horses. They are a beautiful animal. I hope you don't ever allow any one or any thing to take your focus or dreams away from you. You stay focused on what you want to accomplish and you do it!! You'll make a great vet or teacher or maybe you'll do both!!
thumbsup.gif
DJ

Back
Top Bottom