New Additions this Year?!

Oh those babies! Two to ten is a big increase. How fun! What got you started in raising ducks?

Well I've wanted to have a pet duck since I was a little kid. But last fall, my fiancé's aunt had two two ducks that she didn't want to keep over the winter, so she told my future mother in law, who told me, and we just up and decided to take them. I had to clean out the garage so we could make a little stall for them to go in at night. It took me a month, but we got everything ready and then voila! We owned two ducks =] but of course I couldn't stop at two. I caught the duck fever and just had to have more lol.

On Wednesday, just recieved my 10 from Metzers. My first, ever, ducks. They are too darn cute! I got 5 KC and 5 WH. I'd ordered the grojel stuff also, and that container was empty when they got here. They were all healthy and happy.

Well I've wanted to have a pet duck since I was a little kid. But last fall, my fiancé's aunt had two two ducks that she didn't want to keep over the winter, so she told my future mother in law, who told me, and we just up and decided to take them. I had to clean out the garage so we could make a little stall for them to go in at night. It took me a month, but we got everything ready and then voila! We owned two ducks =] but of course I couldn't stop at two. I caught the duck fever and just had to have more lol.

That's just what happened to me. I've wanted chickens, but hubby hates them, and likes ducks. When our neighbors abandoned their ducks, we adopted them. That's when I caught the duck fever. I'm hooked!

They're here!!

I ordered 12 and got 14!

They are the cutest! AWWW look at that box full of fluff. Im so jealous....
Monday I will have a box a fluff.
I also ordered 12. I knew they put a couple of extra in there as a preemptive strike against a loss. It will be interesting to see what the "extras" are in my order. I ordered 3 different kinds. hmmmmm.
5 days uuuuugggggg! hard to sit still waiting.

Here are my Welsh Harlequin babies from this past weekend. I ordered 12, received 14 but one of the bonus ducks passed away. It was much smaller than the rest, she started off doing well then just suddenly got weak and passed away.

I still have 13 happy quackers

Back
Top Bottom