New Amish built Coop has landed!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chicklette 1, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Like everyone else on this site, I have been WAITING for my coop to arrive. It did arrive last Sat. night and with the weather and other things that had to be done on our thoroughbred farm, it sat on my driveway for five days. However, it finally got moved and the chickens got to use it but the pen is not finished and will not be until this coming week so I can't let them enjoy the pen. I put them out in a 4X4 pen for a little fresh air but lock them up nice and tight about 8:30 pm. I realized that I didn't really have room for their feed, grit, scratch,etc. in the coop so I ran and bought the Rubbermaid vertical medium storage shed and the guys put it together for me. It is just opposite the people door to the coop and so I don't have to go far for the food, etc. I'm still working on things inside and out. It's not beautiful like some of the coops I've seen in the forum but I'm hoping it will serve the chickens well.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Couldn't get some of my photos to upload correctly.......don't know why

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Chickens don't care what their coops look like. (Good thing, 'cause most of my coops are ummmmmmm.... interesting looking.)

Congratulations on getting their home set up!!!

3. Chicklette 1

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Just wanted to have everything convenient for me and healthy for them. I do, however look at it every day so having it look ok is important to me. Glad to finally get them situated! Tupperware and Guinea Pig cages have been their home previously and they were getting too big to be locked up in them. Also glad to get them off of the kitchen table so I can use my table. I kept things clean enough so they did not smell. I'm smilin now!

4. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and I think it's gorgeous! [​IMG]

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Happy owner and happy chickens! Your coop is great!

6. BetterHensandGardens

BetterHensandGardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    Clinton, OH
    That's a great looking coop. Lucky chickens and lucky you! [​IMG] Those Amish guys do a nice job.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Super-nice! [​IMG]

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    wow thats awesome! I would looove that one and that fabulous fencing-nice job-

9. Chicklette 1

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Thank you all for your kind and generous comments on my new coop. I plan on sitting in that pen and having a great time with the chicks! I am still in awe of all of you who have made great coops by yourselves. Thank goodness my kind husband put out the $$ to buy that for me.........it was my 50th anniversary gift and I'm having fun!

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    50th anniversary? Congratulations! Ain't nothing wrong with that coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by