New and Blessed

lambertstamps

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Hi. I am brand new to the chicken world and I am already in love with everything chicken.
My husband and I live in central Alabama about 45 minutes outside of Montgomery. We lived in the city and knew we wanted to "go country" in every sense of the word. We wanted to live, eat, and breath everything we imagined a beautiful life of living in the country would entail. We started our journey about 4 years ago and so far it has exceeded our imagination of how wonderful it could be.

We built our house ourself. We had great friends and family to lend a hand here and there but Jeff and I mostly did it by ourselves from framing, roofing, plumbing, to electrical. It took us a year to finish the project as Jeff worked 50 hour weeks throughout the process. Once the house was finished we were ready to start our furry, fluffie, and feathery family. We already had an aging Weimaraner and a beautiful white kitty cat who we knew wouldn't live much longer. My sister couldn't keep a little fru fru dog and as much I didn't see fru fru fitting into the country life, she joined our family and what a joyful addition she has become. We knew we wanted a few cows, goats, maybe lambs and so that meant we needed to get dogs who could protect them against the wild. So we got 2 Great Pyrenees and waited until they were 6 months old and were able to tell us they were ready to protect their flock.

We now had a decision to make, were we going to start with furry, fluffy, or feathery? The decision was made for us when we were given 5 hens and 1 duck shortly after Easter this past year and that was all she wrote. We knew from the time we received these precious gifts that chickens would be a part of our lives from here on out. We wanted to add to the feathery side of our family so I discovered this forum and came on to inquire about a local chicken auction where we could go to bring home some friends and hopefully a life partner for our hens and female duck. I got SO much more than information, I got a friend. A wonderful chicken momma here on this forum sent me a private message with the information I requested and then we started talking about our shared love of all things bird. Before I knew it, my husband and I were making a trip to her house to pick up a rooster, a ginny, a male duck, and FIVE precious precious precious Silkie babies only a few days old. Did I mention they are precious? The generosity of people never cease to amaze me and I feel blessed for having found a wonderful person who is such a fantastic feathery momma. I was on emotional overload with happiness when I got home last night with the members of our new family. Oh and did I mention that she also gave me a cat???? Yes, the precious kitty I mentioned before had died after 18 yrs about 4 months ago and I was ready to welcome furry back to the farm. I am already madly in love with him. Cute cute cute.

So like I said, I am brand new here and just thought I would share my story. I hope to figure out how to navigate this site enough to post pictures soon. I hope to learn a lot from you and to one day be able to share the same knowledge with another newbie like myself.

Thanks for welcoming me.
Jennifer Lambert

p.s. Lamberstamps is my name on almost everything from e-mail to blog to different forums because another thing I love to do is make homemade cards using rubber stamps. I know most you have adorable chicky names but I just stay with the same user name because it is easy. Cheers and blessings to you.

Welcome Jennifer to BYC, from Cape Cod.
I'm a stamper too. PM me if you want to see some of my chicken rubber stamps.

welcome-byc.gif
from North Carolina.
frow.gif
Since you mentioned stamps, do you sell a chicken stamp??? My brother lives in Albertville, how far are you from there?

Buff, do you sell any of your chicken stamps?

I am not sure where Albertsville is. Prattville is the closest city to me and Montgomery not much futher than that.

Buff, do you sell stamps? I don't sell but I buy way to many. LOL

If you don't sell but have some, I love to do image swaps. We could hook each other up.

Last edited:
Hello we're in Bowdon, just by the Alabama border in Georgia....

We are sooo blessed too! And welcome to BCM....We're almost self sufficient on our farm, but don't grow sugar cane or rice, so we must go to the store....smile...

Come see us if ever you're by this way.....We have many kinds of birds and ship eggs, raise dairy goats and sell them, have beenies, pigs and more!

Thanks for saying hello!

Quote:
Lambert, no I don't make them myself. I've gotten most of my chicken stamps from "addictedtorubberstamps.com".

Here's one of them:
2086736240_8d11bec535.jpg

Back
Top Bottom