New and chickenless.

wvmom24

Hatching
8 Years
May 22, 2011
Hi,
I am new here, trying to get educated in the ways of chickens.
smile.png
I am considering free range chickens for our place, and would love any advice you could give me. What I am considering are Freedom Ranger chickens if anyone has any thoughts on that. I look forward to looking around here for sage advice. Thanks.
smile.png

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Florida!
Alas, I too am without birds. I joined BYC for the same reason and have found the members to be very helpful, patient and friendly. I'm sure you will, too!

Good luck with your future flock!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to the obsession! It won't be that long and you won't be able to remember what life was like before chickens!

6 austrolorps, 6 quail antwerps, 8 amaraucanas, 4 cochins, 2 isa browns, 1 polish crested (just for fun), 1 salmon favorolle, 3 speckled sussex, 2 autralian spotted ducks, 2 white runner ducks, 1 magpie muscovy duck
big_smile.png

We started with 10 chicks.

Hello,
I am new to this backyard chicken business! I have 3 Rhode Island Red hens, all supposedly about the same age, yet only one of them lays eggs. She has been giving me a nice small brown egg each day for a month, but her buddies refuse. I have 2 cats who used to really "eye' those chickens, but now are resigned to the fact they can not have them. If you have any ideas why the other 2 girls aren't producing, please let me know. I love the website!
smile.png

Good for you for doing the research first! Welcome to BYC -- you'll find tons of helpful info on here to help you choose what breed of chicken is right for you & your situation, and how best to protect them and give them a safe, secure place to live. Ready, set, READ!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom