New and first ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by youdontknow32, Oct 3, 2008.

1. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Songster

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Some really nice people gave us a pair of Cayuga ducks and Mallard ducks, and I just love them to death. I can not wait until spring when we can get more chickens and a lot more ducks. We are up to 86 chickens, soon to be 84 (uh-oh...[​IMG] they sent us the wrong breed...) and 4 ducks. I will be in search of call ducks in the spring, the people that gave us these ducks had call ducks and I just fell in love with them!

-Nicole

I'm sorry I'm just so happy, I love my chickens, but I now too love ducks:D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Songster

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    LOL, and so began my addiction to chickens and ducks! I got my first ducklings about 6 weeks ago and immediately fell in love with them. Shhhh, don't tell DH, but I want MORE ducks! Khaki Campbell's to be specific [​IMG]

3. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Songster

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I love my little calls. They have so much personality but beware they are addictive![​IMG]

4. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Songster

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    lol, we were at 43 chickens and hubby told me to stop, we are at 100 birds right now!! I have a small problem with chickens I guess and now it's going to be worse, because ducks are addicting as well!! I can't wait to get Calls:D

-Nicole

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My husband is guilting me out of ducks :mad:

I sweetened him up with a dog hoping that ducks would be a go... he said yes, then he said not right now. [​IMG]

Can I see pictures of these Cayuga ducks, I'm not sure what these are? I'm having such fun learning all the breeds. I've found call ducks to be GORGEOUS, I see why you want them, and I'm in love with Runner. So cute and busy little egg layers [​IMG]

6. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Songster

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Awwww, well I hope you get your ducks, I love how they "talk" to one another. I will be more then happy to post pictures for you later today or tomorrow I haven't taken any yet!!

Have a good day, and good luck!

-Nicole

7. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Songster

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Ok, I've never posted a pic on here, so here it goes. I will post more if this works!!

lol
    [​IMG]

8. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Songster

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Yay, I got it...

So here are our 4 new ducks, we let them out yesterday for the first time, so I didn't get very good pictures, but I tried!!

-Nicole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Aww...they are beautiful! Me wants [​IMG]

10. birdlover

birdlover Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    LOVE your ducks!!! Hope you enjoy them (and the mess LOL )!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: