New and first ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by youdontknow32, Oct 3, 2008.

1. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Some really nice people gave us a pair of Cayuga ducks and Mallard ducks, and I just love them to death. I can not wait until spring when we can get more chickens and a lot more ducks. We are up to 86 chickens, soon to be 84 (uh-oh...[​IMG] they sent us the wrong breed...) and 4 ducks. I will be in search of call ducks in the spring, the people that gave us these ducks had call ducks and I just fell in love with them!

-Nicole

I'm sorry I'm just so happy, I love my chickens, but I now too love ducks:D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    LOL, and so began my addiction to chickens and ducks! I got my first ducklings about 6 weeks ago and immediately fell in love with them. Shhhh, don't tell DH, but I want MORE ducks! Khaki Campbell's to be specific [​IMG]

3. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I love my little calls. They have so much personality but beware they are addictive![​IMG]

4. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    lol, we were at 43 chickens and hubby told me to stop, we are at 100 birds right now!! I have a small problem with chickens I guess and now it's going to be worse, because ducks are addicting as well!! I can't wait to get Calls:D

-Nicole

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My husband is guilting me out of ducks :mad:

I sweetened him up with a dog hoping that ducks would be a go... he said yes, then he said not right now. [​IMG]

Can I see pictures of these Cayuga ducks, I'm not sure what these are? I'm having such fun learning all the breeds. I've found call ducks to be GORGEOUS, I see why you want them, and I'm in love with Runner. So cute and busy little egg layers [​IMG]

6. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Awwww, well I hope you get your ducks, I love how they "talk" to one another. I will be more then happy to post pictures for you later today or tomorrow I haven't taken any yet!!

Have a good day, and good luck!

-Nicole

7. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Ok, I've never posted a pic on here, so here it goes. I will post more if this works!!

lol
    [​IMG]

8. youdontknow32

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Yay, I got it...

So here are our 4 new ducks, we let them out yesterday for the first time, so I didn't get very good pictures, but I tried!!

-Nicole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Aww...they are beautiful! Me wants [​IMG]

10. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    LOVE your ducks!!! Hope you enjoy them (and the mess LOL )!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by