New and first ducks

youdontknow32

Songster
11 Years
Sep 29, 2008
South Western PA
Some really nice people gave us a pair of Cayuga ducks and Mallard ducks, and I just love them to death. I can not wait until spring when we can get more chickens and a lot more ducks. We are up to 86 chickens, soon to be 84 (uh-oh...
hmm.png
they sent us the wrong breed...) and 4 ducks. I will be in search of call ducks in the spring, the people that gave us these ducks had call ducks and I just fell in love with them!

-Nicole

I'm sorry I'm just so happy, I love my chickens, but I now too love ducks:D

Last edited:
LOL, and so began my addiction to chickens and ducks! I got my first ducklings about 6 weeks ago and immediately fell in love with them. Shhhh, don't tell DH, but I want MORE ducks! Khaki Campbell's to be specific
lol.png

lol, we were at 43 chickens and hubby told me to stop, we are at 100 birds right now!! I have a small problem with chickens I guess and now it's going to be worse, because ducks are addicting as well!! I can't wait to get Calls:D

-Nicole

My husband is guilting me out of ducks :mad:

I sweetened him up with a dog hoping that ducks would be a go... he said yes, then he said not right now.
sad.png

Can I see pictures of these Cayuga ducks, I'm not sure what these are? I'm having such fun learning all the breeds. I've found call ducks to be GORGEOUS, I see why you want them, and I'm in love with Runner. So cute and busy little egg layers
lol.png

Awwww, well I hope you get your ducks, I love how they "talk" to one another. I will be more then happy to post pictures for you later today or tomorrow I haven't taken any yet!!

Have a good day, and good luck!

-Nicole

Back
Top Bottom