New and is it even possible?

FurkinChickens

Hatching
Mar 13, 2015
Springfield
Doing my research on what it takes to do this. I live in Springfield Illinois. Not even sure if we are allowed to have them in our back yard. Finding any regulation, rules or permits is proving difficult. We are wanting 3-4 for eggs. I may become a regular here or this may all end if not allowed to do it. Thanks for letting me in. Hopefully you all can help me out.

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!!

Definitely stop by the link that Yorkshire Coop has left for you. Also, call your local city or town hall. They should know the laws in your county and if not, should be able to direct you to the right place for information.

You might also stop by our state thread too and chat with your chicken neighbors there about how they may have gotten laws changed or whether you can keep chickens in your town.....https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/37/illinois

Good luck and I sure hope you can get some chickens soon!!

Hello and Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you decided to join! Let us know if you have any questions, we will be glad to help you if we can.
big_smile.png
There is a lot of great info on here, and lots of very knowledgeable people, so I'm sure you'll be able to find any info you may be looking for.
smile.png
I hope everything works out and you are able to get some chickens.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I've been to Springfield several times. Lovely place!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom