New and needing help :)

PLSargent

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 29, 2012
This is my first post but i have been looking and reading everything I can get my hands on about chickens. A little back round we just bought our first house at the end of August last year. I have ALWAYS wanted chickens but my mom is TERRIFIED of any and all birds, so no chickens for me growing up :( But now DH and I have our own place with our three kids and two dogs and are wanting to add chickens to the mix.

My question is on the back of our property were we are going to be putting the coop and run there is English Ivy and Morning Glories all over the place. They are on a hill side so we can't really kill them off b/c we need the root system. We wont be putting the run and coop on them but as I'm sure most people know those two plants grow fast. We will do everything we can to keep them out of that area. I have read that the chickens will leave the Ivy alone but what about the Morning Glory? Should I think about putting my coop and run somewhere else? Or would it be okay as long as I keep it all trimmed back. We want to do a little free range sometime with them but will have a chicken tractor for that so we don't have them running around the neighborhood. Thanks so much I can't wait to keep reading and learning more and more.

welcome-byc.gif
I can predict no problems with your proposed plans. Enjoy your birds.

Back
Top Bottom