New and question

we converted our shed into a chicken coop so the shed is about 8x8 and we took about 4x7 up to the ceiling with 6 nesting boxes. they also have an outside closed off run about 8x8 with roosts. Let me know your thoughts. :)
The amount of space is good. What is in the space? What do they have to do all day in there? Pictures help.

The amount of space is good. What is in the space? What do they have to do all day in there? Pictures help.

i will try and send pictures. in the outside space we try and keep it fun but not crowded... they have their roost out and and in and a put a toy ball in there ( they don't seem to think of much for it) once a day i give them a little special treat. I try and let them out to graze everyday but it is very hard with two big huskies. Today it is snowing here urgh :(

i try and keep it fun its hard, not sure what else to give them to play with.

AS for treats, i have given them: bananas, strawberries, hot oatmeal, raisins, and spinach.

they love dry oats and their meal worms, but they are not fussy about anything else!

i will try and send pictures. in the outside space we try and keep it fun but not crowded... they have their roost out and and in and a put a toy ball in there ( they don't seem to think of much for it) once a day i give them a little special treat. I try and let them out to graze everyday but it is very hard with two big huskies. Today it is snowing here urgh :(

i try and keep it fun its hard, not sure what else to give them to play with.

AS for treats, i have given them: bananas, strawberries, hot oatmeal, raisins, and spinach.

they love dry oats and their meal worms, but they are not fussy about anything else!
What is on the ground for them to scratch in and dust bathe in? Thick wood chips work great.
Chickens like lots of stuff.
You can lean 2 pallets together for them to fly up on and go under.
Arrange different height stumps for them to perch on.
Attach natural branches at different heights for them to preen and hang out on.

What is on the ground for them to scratch in and dust bathe in? Thick wood chips work great.
Chickens like lots of stuff.
You can lean 2 pallets together for them to fly up on and go under.
Arrange different height stumps for them to perch on.
Attach natural branches at different heights for them to preen and hang out on.

ohhh that's a great idea! thank you soooo much. I was starting to go a bit crazy... what if they don't have lots of room as my roost outside goes from one side to the other.. i guess i am always scared one is perched on it and then i have another who is under and she poops on her hahahah.. i know weird of me to think that.. i was trying to keep it simple but fun!

also i am noticing the outside run has wire around and closed off ( for predators and big furry dogs :) ) i feel as though it gets very muddy and their feet get so dirty!

I do like to idea of a dust bath but again will it get a muddy because of the rain? i'll go and take pictures soon for you.

Back
Top Bottom