New and trying my best!

Meni120

Chirping
May 25, 2022
Hi all, so glad to have found such a well developed community! I just got my first chicks in the mail Tuesday and am ready to always learn more!

I got 10 total from Meyer, though 4 are for someone else when they’re old enough to join adult birds. I got three Easter eggers (one fibromelanistic and two green queen), one blue Orpington, two speckled Sussex, one Barnevelder and three Dominiques. One Sussex and three Dominiques will be going but I will be keeping the rest!

They’re curious but skittish, I’m currently following the taming guide but so far only the Barnevelder and one green queen are responding…

I feel terrible though as I tried to remove the Orpington’s leg band today and it was pretty difficult and she got scared and kind of tipped over. Her leg didn’t bend weirdly or anything though and she’s walking and jumping around with the rest but I’m still concerned..

Anyways even if they hate me forever I’ll still love having them. I’ve been interested in raising them for a while and finally found a good opportunity. In fact I found BYC a couple years ago while researching game cameras, and got re-inspired!

Anyways, I enjoy many different animals, currently my other pets are two blue tongues skinks. I found them much easier to befriend as their food comes directly from me and not available at all times 😉

I hope to get to know this awesome community and continue to learn and grow with my birds!

Here’s the Barnevelder as chick tax!
7FB08372-D10E-45A0-B4F0-B6C176EE8741.jpeg

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
They banded an Orpington? As long as she isn't limping and is behaving normally I wouldn't worry about her.
Thanks for the fast reply! For the blue/black/splash Orpington they use a green band, the Barnevelder was banded too but hers came off easily.

The Orpington jumped up on top of the brooder plate and seems normal.

Hi all, so glad to have found such a well developed community! I just got my first chicks in the mail Tuesday and am ready to always learn more!

I got 10 total from Meyer, though 4 are for someone else when they’re old enough to join adult birds. I got three Easter eggers (one fibromelanistic and two green queen), one blue Orpington, two speckled Sussex, one Barnevelder and three Dominiques. One Sussex and three Dominiques will be going but I will be keeping the rest!

They’re curious but skittish, I’m currently following the taming guide but so far only the Barnevelder and one green queen are responding…

I feel terrible though as I tried to remove the Orpington’s leg band today and it was pretty difficult and she got scared and kind of tipped over. Her leg didn’t bend weirdly or anything though and she’s walking and jumping around with the rest but I’m still concerned..

Anyways even if they hate me forever I’ll still love having them. I’ve been interested in raising them for a while and finally found a good opportunity. In fact I found BYC a couple years ago while researching game cameras, and got re-inspired!

Anyways, I enjoy many different animals, currently my other pets are two blue tongues skinks. I found them much easier to befriend as their food comes directly from me and not available at all times 😉

I hope to get to know this awesome community and continue to learn and grow with my birds!
WELCOME!!!!!! ull always find help here. and if that one birds acting fine it probably is. they are of course compared to us fragile. but they are tough if not roughed up.

WELCOME

Back
Top Bottom