New Around Here - Plan To Be Active

Urucubaca

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 30, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
G'Day everyone,

I am looking forward to sharing and learning with/from all of you.

I have always been interested in breeding birds, but have recently become interested in Poultry.

I have 5 Guinea Fowl (Pearl and Lavender) who will be mature come next Spring (September). I have 2 Araucana hens, two French Wheaton hens, 2 chicks each of Silkies, Silver Sebrights, and Gold Sebrights. I have a Quartet of King Quails (one female with standard colouring, one is silver and the other is fawn), which I am shortly going to build a sweet little enclosure for. I also have Jumbo Quails, in which 2 days ago I bought stock from the. Breeder of the largest Jumbo Quails in Australia and possibly the World. I also have a fantastic show quality trio of Old English Game Bantams (black).

I also have ducks. 2 Khaki Campbells for egg production. Some Cayuga Ducks who I hope I can build the flock for so I will have some quality breeding.

I did have a trio of Pilgrim Geese, but lost the Gander and Female one day, which is a **** shame.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text!!

Hope to meet all of you!!

Happy Holidays!

Sounds like a great flock, are you planning on breeding the Jumbos?

Welcome in

I think I will. I am still deciding whether or not I should just mix the big stock I bought with my average size, or should I breed separately. The big ones are much more limited in their movement due to their sheer size. Sort of just waddle around, while the average can run and jump.

Their eggs are also much bigger.
The left is my average Jumbo, the right is my new big Jumbo's. I'd have to use bantam incubators.

Back
Top Bottom