New Arrivals!

So, I went out and sat in the run reading near dusk, hoping to watch the little ones and get an idea of their personalities. As soon as I set up the chair near their run the ran into their coop to get away.

But, at least, it got them into the coop to sleep.

In the most open corner.

But at least under the roof tonight, which is progress.

I was trying to take some pictures tonight so I had the lid half off and one of them hopped up on the shelter box and popped right out of the run into the pen with the big girls. He/she got pecked once but I was able to intervene.

I had to call my DH to come out and help me because I was terrified that if I startled the chick it would dart through the electric net and be out in the yard where it would be impossible to corner. We managed to capture it -- at the price of my getting chicken poop on my skirt -- and I made it pay for getting out by petting and cuddling it for a minute before I tucked it back into the safe playpen and getting the lid back on.

Here's some images from the photo session and some bedtime shots -- where they are FINALLY sleeping in the shelter instead of in the run or up against the wire.

0516211512.jpg

0516211912.jpg

0516211952.jpg

The moment of the escape!
0516211912d.jpg

And bedtime.
0516212051d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom