new at Theisens heated waterer

apbgv

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Iowa
Theisens has a new heated chicken water they just got it in today, It is a 3g(I think) plastic waterer but it plugs into an outlet cord, they are around 37 bucks. Might have to put that on my christmas list. right now I use a heated dog water dish. I think Theisens' is mainly an upper midwest store but I am sure other farm supply stores will also get them.

I just saw at an Orschleins the same thing. I'm definetely gonna be getting one of those.. Good to see another Iowan on here. Maybe we can bounce ideas off each other since we will be experiencing the same weather.

Jeremy

My wife bought a heated dog bowl for the birds last year and for some reason they didn't want to drink out of it. All the chickens waterers we have are colored red and I think they are accustomed to that. I ended up cutting the disc that contained the heater out of the bottom of the bowl and set their regular waterers on top of it.

Can either of you tell me the brand of the waterer, so I could Google for it? (Oh, I'm originally from Iowa and miss it dearly...I was raised in Hudson, a tiny town near Waterloo/Cedar Falls, and then moved to Keokuk, where Missouri, Illinois, and Iowa meet. My very best friend still lives in Iowa).

Back
Top Bottom