New Babies and Another Broody Hen!! **PIC HEAVY**

cluckychick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
South of KCMO
My DH...what a sweet man. He went from being ok if I got a few (like 5) hens to 30. We just hatched 4 new babies out and now we have another broody. The first 4 we obtained from another chicken owner by posting on craiglist that I was just looking for 4 because my broody hen was small and I didn't want her having alot under her to worry about. Well the day she hatched her eggs her sister goes broody and my DH being the sweet guy he is says "why don't you give her some eggs to"
lau.gif
I couldn't believe it. He said "but that's the last one, he don't wanna heat the barn all winter. So I put 4 of my own eggs under her and these eggs ought to be interesting to say the least. Without further ado my new babies...And some I got 5 weeks ago at an auction.
100_1853.jpg

100_1837.jpg

100_1858.jpg

And my auction babies
smile.png

100_1794.jpg

100_1798.jpg

100_1792.jpg

The rooster is already mean and probably won't be around much past twelve weeks
wink.png

Oh and here's a pic of my other broody hen. Good thing I don't have an incubator
lol.png

100_1580.jpg

I AM AN ADDICT!!

Quote:
Top, bottom, everywhere
smile.png
They peck and pull on her comb and waddles. She pecks them back, rolls them around. It's very cute to watch.

Thank you for the compliments. I must say my frizzles are the friendliest birds, even nicer/tamer than my silkies. Once it drys out I will have to get pics of them, they are very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom