New Babies Arrived Today!

How is Peanut's behavior? Does s/he go to the food and water station to eat/drink on his own? Are you still feeding him in your hand? I wonder if he'll ever be able to free-range if his vision is seriously impaired, but then lots of guineas don't get to free-range, so I don't see that as a reason to put him down as long as you have a nice, big run for him with companions. Just my uneducated opinion.

I read the whole post just now, would love to hear an update. We are getting our first guineas some time this week. Should have been shipped today. Ooh, I am so excited! Will be checking back for updates.

Hooray for Little Peanut! It sounds like the being of a great children's book

Peanut
The Little Blind Keet
Yep and I can visualize the pictures already! Vlflower, we are going to have to work something out on this. Pm me if you are interested? I have illustrated and helped write 5 children's books so far. The last on is at the publishers now. Then there is Lucky on another thread. Poor babies, life can be hard enough trying to establishing themselves in the flock and learn about outdoors, predators and coops.

Anyway I am so happy to hear of it's continued progress. Please send photos asap. Would love to see how cute they look with their little ragged feathers. LOL

Hi Everybody Sorry I haven't been on sooner to update on Peanut. Things are still going really well with him/her. They are 5 weeks tomorrow. We have moved them to the bigger cage...I can't believe how fast they have grown.

Peanut is still slightly smaller than its siblings but is eating and drinking on its own. I believe it may have some slight sight from one eye. Next week they will be moved to their stall in the barn that they will call home. Planning on keeping them confined in there for 6 weeks and then gradually letting a couple out at a time to freerange. Keeping our fingers crossed that they will learn that their food and water will be in the barn and they will come home at night.

Will try to post a picture later.

Vicki

clap.gif
Good job, and yayyyy Peanut!

Back
Top Bottom