New baby bunnies.

Chassv81

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2024
My Holland lop just had a litter of babies this morning. What colors would you guess? Mom is a vm black tort holland lop and Dad is a gray magpie lionhead. They all see to be ok except I have concerns that one may be a peanut.

Attachments

• IMG_6857.jpeg
    IMG_6857.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 41
Looks like Harleys, blue/fawn and orange/black. Maybe a Magpie, or a broken blue for the diluted broken. I can't tell with the pinks yet.
I think I see your supposed peanut, and it's pretty big to have double dwarf genes. It could just be a runt.

That's a rough estimate, I don't have time to work out the proper genetics at the moment, sorry!

All in all, a great color turn out. They will sell like hotcakes.

Looks like Harleys, blue/fawn and orange/black. Maybe a Magpie, or a broken blue for the diluted broken. I can't tell with the pinks yet.
I think I see your supposed peanut, and it's pretty big to have double dwarf genes. It could just be a runt.

That's a rough estimate, I don't have time to work out the proper genetics at the moment, sorry!

All in all, a great color turn out. They will sell like hotcakes.
This. As they fur out a bit more it'll be easier to tell.

It’s the gray and white or black and white version of a harlequin.
Ah, okay. Thought you were calling a broken rabbit Magpie.

Looks like most will be broken or harlequin. Maybe some blue or lilac. I'm not great at colors on full grown, let alone kits, and my breeds only had a max of like 9 possible color options. Last I checked, lops had like 32 or some other crazy number.

Which one are you suspecting may be a peanut? I have my suspect, just want to see if it's the same one you're thinking

Ah, okay. Thought you were calling a broken rabbit Magpie.

Looks like most will be broken or harlequin. Maybe some blue or lilac. I'm not great at colors on full grown, let alone kits, and my breeds only had a max of like 9 possible color options. Last I checked, lops had like 32 or some other crazy number.

Which one are you suspecting may be a peanut? I have my suspect, just want to see if it's the same one you're thinking
The one circled I will post another pic of just it. It seems to be doing good today. I believe a couple of the magpies may be VM.

Attachments

• IMG_6858.jpeg
    IMG_6858.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom