New Baby Chicks!

ChickDrmr

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 7, 2012
Treasure Coast Florida
My Coop
My Coop
We got our first ever baby chicks yesterday and let me tell you, I feel like a new mama again. Checking on them constantly, staying up late, getting up in the middle of the night and again early morning. Constantly researching every little quirk to make sure nothing's wrong. Oh, and just staring at them seems to be my new favorite past time. Eventually I'll relax, but probably not until they've been in the coop for a few months. Oh well, it's all good.
love.gif

(Left to Right) Rachel, Thunder Beak, Monica, and Peaches photo bombing

Up front is Regina Phalange.

Phoebe is sleepy.

I am awaiting mine today, lots of peeping but no hole yet in the shell, its just making me so nervous!! congratulations on your little ones... any advice? this is my first hatching egg and I am lost :(

I am awaiting mine today, lots of peeping but no hole yet in the shell, its just making me so nervous!! congratulations on your little ones... any advice? this is my first hatching egg and I am lost :(
Dont worry when my hen was brooding we heard peeping but no whole and she hatched 10 chicks from 12 eggs!
Congrats on the little chickies Chickdrmr!

Oh, I wish I could help. I didn't hatch mine, got them from My Pet Chicken. I was so nervous to open the box when they arrived though. Luckily they all made it.

Best Wishes on your hatchlings.
fl.gif

Last edited:
We got our first ever baby chicks yesterday and let me tell you, I feel like a new mama again. Checking on them constantly, staying up late, getting up in the middle of the night and again early morning. Constantly researching every little quirk to make sure nothing's wrong. Oh, and just staring at them seems to be my new favorite past time. Eventually I'll relax, but probably not until they've been in the coop for a few months. Oh well, it's all good. :love (Left to Right) Rachel, Thunder Beak, Monica, and Peaches photo bombing Up front is Regina Phalange. Phoebe is sleepy.
How many times a day do you count them.....ok or maybe I just have ocd....lol. y

Back
Top Bottom