New Baby Quail: it isn't looking good

Peep-Chicken

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 10, 2013
Michigan
I had ten eggs, five were infertile. Two pipped but never hatched. Three eggs hatched, two have bad curled toes and the third can't stand up and scoot around. I put sandals on the two, but can I help the third at all? I don't think my humidity was high enough. :(

Thanks.

I had ten eggs, five were infertile. Two pipped but never hatched. Three eggs hatched, two have bad curled toes and the third can't stand up and scoot around. I put sandals on the two, but can I help the third at all? I don't think my humidity was high enough.
sad.png

Thanks.

got pics sweets? I always run at least 55 humidity for these, and then 75-80 for hatch. they loose so fast even more than the serama.
so sorry hon.
hugs.gif

What electrolytes do you have? you know the recipe is in the 101 article towards the bottom if you need to make some extra boosting

I had ten eggs, five were infertile. Two pipped but never hatched. Three eggs hatched, two have bad curled toes and the third can't stand up and scoot around. I put sandals on the two, but can I help the third at all? I don't think my humidity was high enough. :(

Thanks.

got pics sweets? I always run at least 55 humidity for these, and then 75-80 for hatch.  they loose so fast even more than the serama. 

so sorry hon.  :hugs  

What electrolytes do you have?  you know the recipe is in the 101 article towards the bottom if you need to make some extra boosting

It is the S/V Ratio that is very hige as the egg get smoler!
In small egg the surface (S) is very big relatively to the volume (V)
Of the egg. In this situation its looses water in a much higher rate than a bigger egg! So you need an higher humidity in incubating than chickens eggs!

Last edited:
The third chick who hatched, it's all black while the other two are brown, what color is that? Anyways, this one seems to be the most healthy. It's feet don't need to be sandaled. The one who kept falling over is looking way better! He still is wobbly, but he can now stand up! His feet are curled so I'll have to fix that later. I'm so happy he is looking at least a bit better! All three ate and drank! I put some Polyvisol in the water too.

I can hardly tell the difference now! The one that couldn't stand up yesterday is running around and not wobbly at all! It's toes are just a little curled. I was sure that that quail would die, I am so happy it's doing better. :)

Back
Top Bottom