New backyard chicken owner from CA

Your babies are adorable, and I applaud you for getting them to stand still for photos. My chicks have always acted like I am trying to kill them when they see me attempting to take photos -- I get wee blurs dashing away from me.

I hope someone can identify breed and sex for you, and I hope all three are pullets. As I sit here, I can hear Sir Henry the Loud saluting the new day (he also salutes mid-day, the end of day, etc.), and I understand why communities don't want roosters. On the other hand, there were children in my neighborhood when I lived in town who were every bit as loud and certainly more annoying.

Welcome to BYC MissLucy; it's a great community for learning good stuff and support when bad stuff happens.

They absolutely love photos! Its quite funny how they run up to the camera and "pose" for pictures.

Welcome! I am new too and also from California! There is a where are you from thread you can get involved in too if you want to see what those that live closer to you are doing. I also can't have roosters because I am not zoned for it, but right across the street they can. I woke up early and could hear several crowing so I am starting to wonder if I could sneak one in...
Good luck, Chicken Mama!

Welcome Cool.gif

Back
Top Bottom