New backyard chicken owner!

Hi everyone! My very first chicks just arrived via mail two weeks ago, and these babies are growing like crazy! I ordered 15 from Sky Girl Farm in Texas. They specialize in colored egg layers, so I’m hoping I’ve got a good amount of hens. The chicks were on paper towel and rubber shelf liner bedding for the first two weeks, but I just moved them to pine shavings over paper towels this evening. My husband made a nice big brooder box that we keep in our breezeway and they are already trying to fly out and explore! :) Looking forward to learning from the community!
Hello! Are your girls laying? I recently ordered hatching eggs from Sky girl farm and would love to know what egg colors you're getting from your girls :)

Hello! Are your girls laying? I recently ordered hatching eggs from Sky girl farm and would love to know what egg colors you're getting from your girls :)
Yes! They were born July 7th and a couple of hens actually started laying in early November. Way sooner than I expected, but their eggs are gorgeous. Attached is a photo of a dozen of my favorites from a few weeks ago! What hatching eggs did you get? I’ve never hatched my own, but that sounds exciting! 😀

Attachments

• EEBB0EA0-F018-4946-95CA-6E9C418D93C8.jpeg
    EEBB0EA0-F018-4946-95CA-6E9C418D93C8.jpeg
    623.8 KB · Views: 1
Yes! They were born July 7th and a couple of hens actually started laying in early November. Way sooner than I expected, but their eggs are gorgeous. Attached is a photo of a dozen of my favorites from a few weeks ago! What hatching eggs did you get? I’ve never hatched my own, but that sounds exciting! 😀
Job job! partner keep up the way of the chickens:thumbsup

OMG these are stunning! I can only hope mine will be this beautiful. What did you order? I got a dozen "heavy bloom" eggs. Would love to order chicks next!!

Back
Top Bottom