New Bill Threatens Aviculture & other Pets....

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wont be no fne for speeding for you seedcorn. Because they are laws against it. And you seem to think if there's a law against things , then thats it it's fixed . And it dont happen anymore. End of problem

huh? & U deduced this from what? It's not the law but the penalty that stops people. To be able to penalize people, there has to be a law against it.

W/no speed laws, I could drive any speed I wanted. Unfortunately the politicians in the state of Indiana, won't allow me to drive 100 mph in a school zone w/out severe penalties.......the communists.....

To prevent the introduction and establishment of nonnative wildlife species that negatively impact the economy, environment, or other animal species' or human health, and for other purposes.

the communists, trying to stop species from coming in that endanger us......what next, stop terrorists?

Think on the bright side, it stops corporate ag from bringing in things........and making "special" crosses.

Last edited:
Getting off subject here
roll.png

Quote:
Humans do, by far, thru their ignorance and greed, more damage to the environment than animals have ever thought of doing.
Education is key.
When we have a lack of education in this country on ALL levels of income it creates people who use and abuse the laws and regulations already in place.
There is NO need to create more laws, but there is a very serious need to create the best education opportunities we can so people can make the right, most educated, correct decisions in life. Whether it be buying a home, managing their money, (and then we wouldn't bein the mess we are in now with this economy) owning an animal, how to take care of said animal, how to care for their own children, how to get along with others, learning to interact properly with others of different cultures and ideas.
Education can solve ALL these problems and therefore eliminate the need for more laws because you would be creating people who were making the more responsible decisions.
Making laws costs everyone of us money.
Educating people should be a pleasure and making the future a brighter for all people, animals, and the environment that we ALL share.
Just my opinion.
Its great to brainstorm and come to conclusions that can work for all.
There is never a black and white situation.
There needs to be people willing to look at the shades of grey and make the best decisions.
Take care all,
Angela

"Think on the bright side, it stops corporate ag from bringing in things........and making "special" crosses."

Hi,
It will not stop them, Those with the money and influence will always find ways to circumvent the laws, to even think they would abide by laws such as this are, I'm sorry, just a complete joke.
Cloning as an example, when it first happened how many of us knew they were even trying it? Very few until the headlines "Dolly the cloned sheep!"
They have been trying to clone for a long time, starting probably in the late 40's -50'S.
Then the alarm rose about cloning humans etc. Everyplace said it would be aganst the law, Doctors blatently said, we will do it but in international waters where we are not bound by any laws.
There are cloned horses, mules, goats, etc now. AQHA is deciding whether to give the right to be registered, it affects so much more than the initial decisions.
I would venture to say there are cloned humans as we speak right now.....give it time you will see it announced sooner or later.
Angela

Quote:
I think it could be helped with education.
Also maybe places for these animals to go if that happens, now people get scared and yes, turn them loose and create more problems. Like the invasive snakehead fish that has destroyed many areas and is dangerous.

Quote:
Also maybe places for these animals to go if that happens, now people get scared and yes, turn them loose and create more problems. Like the invasive snakehead fish that has destroyed many areas and is dangerous.

thank you for proving my point. the person(s) that do that should be held accountable. No laws, no accountability.

Quote:

thank you for proving my point. the person(s) that do that should be held accountable. No laws, no accountability.

Laws are not the way to go. Education is. If laws are passed for one thing or another it does not stop people from doing it. Educating people will. If laws stopped people from doing things they arent susposed to we would have no need for police officers or jails.

ETA: With that said, Im gonna stay out of this. Because some people support this bill only because it would give us another law that is susposedly for our benefit. Ive stated my opinion, I am against this bill. So have fun discusing this.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:

Laws are not the way to go. Education is. If laws are passed for one thing or another it does not stop people from doing it. Educating people will. If laws stopped people from doing things they arent susposed to we would have no need for police officers or jails.

yup..lets use our jails as an example...i would assume all those jails that are so overcrowded that they let sex offenders free, are filled to the brim with law breakers...who come back time AND time again.......laws will always be broken by uneducated idiots...and by people that simply just dont care....

Last edited:
Quote:
Wayne seems to think I keep overlooking this as well. Listen, my concern is what THEY will consider to be a negative species. As I mentioned before, the law has good intentions, but is scary to those of us who keep NON-NATIVE and NON-DOMESTIC ANIMALS. I'm a responsible animal owner, promote responsible aviculture (go visit my avicultural site if you want to see more) and I do not want to see such legislation coming down that could affect me.

Looking at that quote again, what if the former-much-feared-media-hyped bird flu was to hit the shores of America? Go ahead and ask some bird keepers in the Netherlands what happened when their government stepped in for the "safety of human health".

Dan

ask some bird keepers in the Netherlands

I'm done w/this. This argument is a valid as asking me to talk to a chinese about civil rights in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom