New born chick with week old chick ?

floppy corona

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 21, 2012
I have a week old turkey chick and 3 more due to hatch today or tomorrow.

Can i put the new chicks in with the week old one in the brooder?..........
idunno.gif

I have a week old turkey chick and 3 more due to hatch today or tomorrow. Can i put the new chicks in with the week old one in the brooder?..........
idunno.gif
Yes you can. It won't be a problem. Just monitor them for the first few hours to make sure the older poults don't pick on the new poults. Sometimes, my older chicks will peck them a few times on their head and beak for whatever reason. Other than that, you shouldn't have any problems with them. Good Luck.

I have 2 chicks in the incubator only hatched this afternoon.
I moved my week old turkey chick into a slightly larger brooder this afternoon.
The little turkey chick is constantly chirping.......
sad.png

I have checked and double checked the temp......she is eating and drinking fine........as soon as i go in to see why she is chirping she stops.....
The new brooder is identical just larger.......is she just chirping due to the slightly larger surroundings???......
should I put her back into the smaller brooder????

floppy corona wrote: ...as soon as i go in to see why she is chirping she stops.....

Poult imprinted on you. You are the momma turkey. When the newly hatched poults have started eating (about three days at most) try the introduction and keep an eye out for bullyng/picking by older poult. Successful integration will cut down on the attention seeking (a bit).

Last edited:
Thanks Ivan.......I do have a baby chicken babysitter in the brooder with her so she is not alone.....
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom