New Brooder! Finally, no more dog crate full of peeps

Quote:
Hey - that looks like a Corgi!!
smile.png

Yes we have 2 corgis! They are fantastic with the flock. Mabli is very protective of the babies. Love your avatar!

That's very cool!! Pretty BH Tri. I have two Corgis as well. Only mine like to help me herd the flock, not protect them.
OK, back to chickens now....that brooder is incredible! Good job.
smile.png

Uh can I point out that you do NOT have a safty cord on it and that there is an animal on the floor next to a christmas tree... All looks very flammable to me... get an extra wire cord in case a pet or something knocks down one of the heat lamps... It would ruin your christmas to have a mishap like that... Take it from someone who knows...
smile.png

There is a latch on the front of it to keep the cat out. The dogs don't worry me. The cords of the heat lamps come out on the side and are zip tied to the wire ( not shown in the picture as I took it as I was setting them up) so that they give extra support to the lamps so that they will not slip. They are clamped onto the wood on the inside. I have bumped them and they don't move. I only keep the one lamp on during the day, at night it depends on how cold it's going to be. Thank you for your fantastic advice!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom