new budgie

tzitzi

Chirping
Aug 14, 2014
i bought a new budgie and put it in the same cage with the one i have for over a year.they stay on the same stick but sometimes the new one bites .is it possible that they will never get along ?i think its a male-female but even if thats not the case , i knew that different sex wouldn't cause a problem because budgies are social birds

Did you immediately put the new bird in the old birds cage after getting it? Your supposed to put the new bird in quarantine for about 3-4 weeks before introducing new bird to the old bird. This makes sure that the new bird is not sick. You dont want to mix a sick bird with a well bird.

Since they are together already theres no point in separating them now. The new bird will want its space and usually (in my experience with my budgies) the old birds always want to be all around the new ones. They will eventually get along. Just watch them and make sure no one is drawing any blood!

Good luck!

what you said describes the situation perfectly.my old budgie wants to be all around and the new one sometimes wants its space so it bites .since the afternoon they stay in the same stick though.i do have another cage and honestly i dont know why i did that ..i shouldnt have put it in the same cage ..i think i was excited and what you said made me worry.i dont think i will seperate them now because i dont want to stress the new one.thanks for replying
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom