*New Bunnies* (but what breed?)

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
A guy at the auction bought these today for Eating! I was in love with the patterns and thankfully he sold me 2, a buck & a doe.
love.gif
I am going to try and find another like them for breeding but i think it mgiht be pretty hard!

I did 4-H when i was a kid but i don't remember much about rabbits, any idea what breed they are? All the others with them looked the same but some were broken black, solids & broken tan.

I have a MASSIVE hutch in the making for them. 6'L x 3'W x 2'T It is divided of course, but, it is possible she might already be pregnant since there were 5 rabbits in each crate.

They are still pretty young.

Doe:
2ql4jg5.jpg

4govv7.jpg

mtxjmc.jpg

Buck:
11hfixd.jpg

5fmzuq.jpg

sxop5e.jpg

Look like Rhinelanders to me too. This is one of the "marked" breeds, meaning that a lot of emphasis is placed on the markings. Show rabbits of this breed have much more white on them than your two, but they are very pretty!

Can anyone give me more info on this breed? I can't seem to find much on Google
sad.png
I saw a few pictures and it looks like their hair should be more Rex-like? am i wrong? Their hair(my 2) is not as dense as a Rex's would be.

Would these 2 be considered the Blue & Fawn Combonation?

I'm still really happy i got them..the guy had some Beautiful Broken Blacks in the crate but they were all Bucks
sad.png

thanks everyone.
smile.png

I like that they have more color on them..the main reason i bought them was for pets & production. I always wanted to try rabbit and know my dad loves rabbit stew...I also wanted to try my hand at curing skins, maybe make something from them if i can get it right.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom