New but Not New

MaPa26

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2013
Kansas
Hi, from Kansas. I officially joined this website back in April of this year. I found it useful for advice.
Perhaps I am just getting into the "social" aspect of this site because the weather has been so nasty that I am stuck inside the house and can only get outside for short periods of time that it takes to do the necessary chores of maintaining our little flock. I have visited the site for years, since I have always wanted to have some chickens, again. My dad always had chickens, as long as we lived in a place that would accommodate them. I remember a lot about it, but there is sooooo much more to learn. I also used this site while doing research for building a coop.
We moved to the "country" eight years ago, but only got started with chickens in March. We started with six pullets: four Rhode Island Red and two white Leghorns. They have thrived, so we must be doing something right. When my husband saw that my "dream" of having chickens was not a whim and that keeping them alive wasn't as hard as he thought it would be, he started building our coop. Every so often, he will remark on how well they are doing and he seems genuinely surprised that they are still alive, with each benchmark we have reached. When Spring gets here (considering we are having one of the worst cold spells in years), I am positive that I will have to listen to him, EVERY day, say something in respect to the fact that our chickens are alive and healthy. (I am fully confident that they will be!)

Last edited:
Hello and :frow Welcome To BYC! Glad your chickens are doing well, miserable weather or not, am sure they will be happy and healthy come spring, and you will have one surprised husband.... when will it be time to start practicing saying "I told you so."?

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Wishing you continued success with your flock!

Back
Top Bottom