new BYC account

haileyd

In the Brooder
Sep 2, 2017
1. I have had chickens for about 4 years, ducks for 3 and turkeys for 1
2. I currently have 51 hens, 25 roosters (i sell them at auction and just keep the ones I'm going to breed next year) so this number has been going down, 19 ducks (6 drakes) and 9 turkeys (3 toms), number went down at thanksgiving.
3. I have like 20 different breeds of chickens or more and it grows every year
4. I love being outside with them, they free range most of the time, except in winter during the week because they will all get eaten, there's a lot of predators where i live, i love hatching new chicks in the spring, i have 3 outdoor coops for hens to hatch naturally and 3 incubators inside to hatch chickens and ducks, i love the surprise of seeing what comes out, i sell the roosters and some chicks at the livestock auction, i sell chicks and hens through the internet and i sell the eggs at the end of my driveway and at work
5. I have a couple large gardens including an inside one and lots of fruit trees and bushes, in the time I'm not working or taking care of birds i enjoy learning how to make my house more self sufficient, fishing, hunting, dirt bike riding, shooting, trapping, building stuff and working on cars, trucks and machinery.
6. I also have 2 cats and 1 cat that decided to live on my land and have babies all the time, I'm a diesel technician that is now a supervisor of a diesel shop, i want to make my home into a homestead and not have to work but that's probably what everyone wants
7. I have been using BYC for reference for things that i have experienced on my farm for 4 years, i have wanted to post before but didn't want to register, I recently read a post that no one knows the answer to but i have had the problem and maybe can help so i registered but it still wont let me comment so I'm thinking i have to write this thing, if it doesn't let me post after this I'm giving up.

Thank you

1. I have had chickens for about 4 years, ducks for 3 and turkeys for 1
2. I currently have 51 hens, 25 roosters (i sell them at auction and just keep the ones I'm going to breed next year) so this number has been going down, 19 ducks (6 drakes) and 9 turkeys (3 toms), number went down at thanksgiving.
3. I have like 20 different breeds of chickens or more and it grows every year
4. I love being outside with them, they free range most of the time, except in winter during the week because they will all get eaten, there's a lot of predators where i live, i love hatching new chicks in the spring, i have 3 outdoor coops for hens to hatch naturally and 3 incubators inside to hatch chickens and ducks, i love the surprise of seeing what comes out, i sell the roosters and some chicks at the livestock auction, i sell chicks and hens through the internet and i sell the eggs at the end of my driveway and at work
5. I have a couple large gardens including an inside one and lots of fruit trees and bushes, in the time I'm not working or taking care of birds i enjoy learning how to make my house more self sufficient, fishing, hunting, dirt bike riding, shooting, trapping, building stuff and working on cars, trucks and machinery.
6. I also have 2 cats and 1 cat that decided to live on my land and have babies all the time, I'm a diesel technician that is now a supervisor of a diesel shop, i want to make my home into a homestead and not have to work but that's probably what everyone wants
7. I have been using BYC for reference for things that i have experienced on my farm for 4 years, i have wanted to post before but didn't want to register, I recently read a post that no one knows the answer to but i have had the problem and maybe can help so i registered but it still wont let me comment so I'm thinking i have to write this thing, if it doesn't let me post after this I'm giving up.

Thank you

Glad you finally decided to post a thread🤗
1606528678036.jpg

Back
Top Bottom