New BYC owner in MA

momabuck

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 17, 2014
Carver, MA
Hello All!!

I am a mother of 5 humans living in Carver, Ma. We just got out first flock of baby chicks. We got 3 Blue Andalusians, and 6 Golden comets. We also have two dogs and two cats. LOL!! Busy house!!

We are most looking forward to fresh eggs, and teaching the four boys to be self sufficient. The fact that the chickens can eat some of our Ticks was a big draw for us as well.

One of our Golden Comets is currently quarantined into her own brooder as she has been acting sick. she is much smaller than the others, and was getting trampled because she was sleeping a lot.

so far we are loving the Chick stage.

Moma Buck

images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on the new chicks! I am sorry about the one that is not well. I would keep him separate and give him a bit more heat than the others. A few degrees warmer. Try feeding him some warm mashed up hard boiled eggs. Sometimes this will perk babies right up for some reason. Hard boiled egg is emergency food for chickens and really can make the difference. Make sure he is drinking so dip his beak in the water every hour or so to keep him hydrated while he is healing.

Good luck with this little baby and if you have any questions about raising them, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your new chicks! TwoCrows gave you some good advice about treating the sick one, hope she recovers.

Thank you both. I have her warmed up in her own brooder and just fed her some egg... the others are perfectly contents running about in their brooder... LOL SO Cute!!

Welcome fellow New Egged! We're up your way every year for King Richard's Faire. I have 8 seven week old chicks (and a dog and a cat). Good luck with the sick one.

Back
Top Bottom