new can anyone tell me the breed of my ducks ?

Downsm75 she is very boisterous lol likes hissing at me when i go near lol

Kevin565 thanks :) i think they are vey pretty, just need to decide on names for them now lol

Welcome to the forums, melly83
welcome-byc.gif

Give the farm a call and ask them; you only bought them a couple of days ago so that increases the chances they will remember you. Even if they do not remember you precisely, ask them which variety of ducks they breed (that will at least narrow it down).

Curious why she clipped the wing because domesticated fowl aren't bred for flying, quite the opposite
idunno.gif

If those are call ducks, they're pet quality at best.... I'm going with a pekin and a mallard. Just my opinion though. If the hen was a rouen, she wouldn't have clipped her wing...same with the pekin....but makes sense for a mallard. Cute nonetheless!

Curious why she clipped the wing because domesticated fowl aren't bred for flying, quite the opposite
idunno.gif
Call Ducks are a exception and are actually very good fliers.
If those are call ducks, they're pet quality at best.... I'm going with a pekin and a mallard. Just my opinion though. If the hen was a rouen, she wouldn't have clipped her wing...same with the pekin....but makes sense for a mallard. Cute nonetheless!
Did you look at the picture in her album? The avatar pic makes the ducks appear a lot bigger than they really are.

Last edited:
CALL DUCKS:) they are common in the UK and are LOUUUD so you have a white call and a gray call/mini mallard or whatever you want to call it. Have fun with them! i wish i had calls!

Back
Top Bottom