new can anyone tell me the breed of my ducks ?

melly83

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 29, 2012
As the title says really, im from the uk and got my first ducks on thursday 26th july 2012. I got them from a poultry farm and forgot to ask about the breeds lol, i have a male and female and they are from this years eggs so the lady says, they are only a few months old. The picture in my avater is the 2 ducks, the white is male and brown is female. Any help is much appreciated :)

Well she quacks alot ( very angry duck ) he is quiet and seems shy, his quiet fat and they look small but if i watch from afar they stand properly and are biggish ( hard to describe) im not sure if she is a rouen or a mallard as her markings are just like the pictures, they would fly but the lady clipped there wings so they dont fly away tho they are in a pen. He does look like a pekin from pictures

WelcometoBYC.gif
. You indeed have a white and grey call duck. Congrats they are very pretty!

not sure then, i know she clipped the girls wings she did it in front of me but the boy she didnt clip i just assume he had his done but when he opens his wings out wide they are real big ? Watever breed he is i must say he is gorgeous, he has a little brown patch on him :) i will try to get better pictures at some point, at the minute they are abit unsure of us but we are slowly getting there

Back
Top Bottom