What breed of ducks are these

Gutgirl

Chirping
May 11, 2021
Hi does anyone know what kind of ducklings these are? I know Georgia is a crested duck I have had her for almost 3 years but the brown and black one they are 8 weeks old. My hubby brought them home at a week old from TSC my boys got one over on him. Does anyone happen to know if they are male or female they really don’t make noise like my crested duck they are pretty quite. I think they are afraid of my Gander. I have only had my crested duck and gander so and chickens. I think we will have to make a separate coop area depending on their sex because my Lucy (my gander) and Georgia have lived with my chicken flock since they were all babies. I haven’t had to worry about drakes hurting my chickens.

Attachments

• IMG_7484.jpeg
    IMG_7484.jpeg
    976.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7483.jpeg
    IMG_7483.jpeg
    972.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7482.jpeg
    IMG_7482.jpeg
    960.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7481.jpeg
    IMG_7481.jpeg
    979.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7480.jpeg
    IMG_7480.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7170.jpeg
    IMG_7170.jpeg
    676.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7169.jpeg
    IMG_7169.jpeg
    652.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7309.png
    IMG_7309.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7308.png
    IMG_7308.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7306.jpeg
    IMG_7306.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7307.png
    IMG_7307.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7310.png
    IMG_7310.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
might be a cayuga and perhaps a rouen drake i’m not sure but if you post a little video of the sounds they make ,,, at eight weeks old -We should be able to tell if they are male by the creek creek sound because only females quack, quack loudly.

might be a cayuga and perhaps a rouen drake i’m not sure but if you post a little video of the sounds they make ,,, at eight weeks old -We should be able to tell if they are male by the creek creek sound because only females quack, quack loudly.
Okay let me go outside and see if I can get them without Georgia she quacks loud lol

Hey its me again!
I just wanted to mention_
Im so glad you realize drakes can kill chicken hens by trying to mate with them
not saying they are drakes for sure but in case they are -
I hope you also know that your precious crested girl duck can also be injured by drakes because of there being no skull over the crested area.
I think drakes are great but I dont have any - my ducks are all ladies. But if I had more land I would keep a separate drake flock for sure.

Hey its me again!
I just wanted to mention_
Im so glad you realize drakes can kill chicken hens by trying to mate with them
not saying they are drakes for sure but in case they are -
I hope you also know that your precious crested girl duck can also be injured by drakes because of there being no skull over the crested area.
I think drakes are great but I dont have any - my ducks are all ladies. But if I had more land I would keep a separate drake flock for sure.
So Idk why it won’t allow me to upload a video but the black duck makes a loud quack quack sound like Georgia and the brown one makes almost like a raspy whisper sound.
I have only owned my Georgia and Lucy (Gander) I thought he was a female for 2 years and realized he never gave us an egg and I named him wrong. We feel funny calling him Luke he comes to us by Lucy lol!
I have read some horror post on Fb in a duck and goose forum I follow and even though I’m sure the drakes are good to have at some point my gander and my rooster keep my flock safe and I would never want my chickens or Georgia to suffer or get badly hurt or even die.
One reason why when my boys have asked for more ducks I have said no because of Georgia. I did a lot of reading when she was given to me and Lucy because the feed store said they were returned and probably going to die they were depressed or sick. It was because they were by themselves and depressed once I put them together it was night and day! Started eating and drinking and noise makers lol. They love their chicken siblings they all grew up in same brooder.
If they are drakes they will have to be in a separate coop or even rehome I feel bad but Georgia and my hens safety are priority.

Back
Top Bottom