New castle. Peacocks. Please help!

Peaphile

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2015
It all started when one of our two year old peacock died. We took him to the vet and he said that he had gotten New castle. We didn't know he was not vaccinated. He was a member ofa party of three; a bblack shoulder peahen, and these two blue-black shoulders.

He died on 24th.

We got them all vaccinated. Even our two others, a black shoulder and a pied who were vaccinated when they were chicks. All approx. 2 years olds.

Four days after his death, the peahen died. She showed apsolutely no symptoms other than laziness. She had stopped eating. Or drinking. But she walked around just fine.

Now, my pied, and the other blue black shoulder have started showing these symptoms. The vaccination did not work? Were they previously infected?

The blue black shoulder was eating yesterday, but not drinking. He's doing neither today. He poops a yellow clear liquid ever so often. He zones out sometimes. It has been going on right after the peahen died, which is yesterday actually.

The pied didn't show symptoms yesterday except for the yellow diarrhea. We took them to the vet yesterday and he said to quarantine them and keep the temperature low. Today the pied drank a lot of water, is otherwise standing upright, but is not eating.

They both take the food, (which is bread, garlic, corn and feed; seperate) they wriggle it in the tip of their beak and it falls. Its like they want to eat, but can't.

I'm seventeen and my parents told me there is nothing we can do for them. Is that true?
I live in Pakistan.

Please tell me something relieving. I don't want to lose them. I can't see them like that.

If they,re going to die, what can I do to make it less painful for them. Please help.

Im sorry to hear of the problems your having with your peacocks.Their is a section of the forum devoted to these birds if you want to check it out. Most of us here are familiar more with chickens and chicken related illnesses,so its hard to determine whats wrong with your pea fowl. I hope they get better for you.

Back
Top Bottom